How to make this pattern!
The above pattern was created based on the following regular polygon tiling. Regular triangles are shown in red and squares are shown in yellow.
To make it, each regular triangle and square were internally divided into five. In addition, internal dividing is shown in the following figure.
Considering the benefits of this pattern
I think that many people often think of a design from a basic pattern (square grid) in which squares are lined up. When I saw this basic pattern, I thought that I could get out of this basic pattern by using an array of regular triangles and squares arranged appropriately from the beginning. Then, by internally dividing the array of regular triangles and squares from the beginning, you can create a more free design space.
Note regarding coloring, etc.
General considerations for quilt design
1 Observe how the patterns are connected and have following imagination.
① Look at the pattern and find the theme (flowers, stars, snow, creatures, etc.) that you can think of.
② Look at the patterns and find the theme / story you can think of.
2 Decide your colors before painting according to the subject / theme. The maximum number of colors is about 6.
Download image file (jpg)colorme032021 (44 downloads)
Invitation to create the collaboration quilt
Why don’t you collaborate with me to create a quilt and publish it in a magazine! I would like to create a quilt and publish the work in magazines, etc. through exchanges and collaborations with many quilters around the world. Also, since it is enough to exchange emails to create it, I am happy that the environment is easy to do. You can use the original pattern shown here. Take a look at my web and if there is something you like to make, let’s make it.
- The conditions for collaboration are equal as follows.
- You own the Quilt after it is created. Please pay for materials. I will explain in detail in advance your comment and the photos you will take when creating, so please comment and take a photo at the time of creation. And if it is published in a magazine, you will receive one magazine and half of the manuscript fee.
- I provide designs and patterns. I will write and translate articles and manage them to magazine publisher. I have published articles in quilt magazines in Japan, the United Kingdom, and France, so I have personal connections with them.
- You may be concerned about the deadline for creation, but you should set it yourself. If you’re a little late, don’t worry, I’m doing another job in parallel.
- After creating it, I would like you to send me the Quilt by mail. This is my desire to take the main photo of the article and to see the real thing once. At that time, consider the time and distance and we can consult. Also, when I hold a quilt exhibition, I will consult in advance.
- Our main contact is E-mail, when necessary by mail. Please be assured that I will not visit you.
- If you want to try it, please feel free to contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Display of colored design
- I am looking for your colored designs created in the following ways,
- (1) Print out the downloaded file and create your design. Take and send a picture of the colored design with your smartphone.
- (2) A file of the downloaded file that has been colored with some application.
- I will display your colored design here. I would be very happy to receive your comments on this section as well.
- Please send your colored design to the following e-mail address.
- Send to: email@example.com